Best Holidays Capital Forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tips to make a vacation less expensive?
Adriana Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2014 8:26:52 AM(UTC)
Adriana

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Many people round the world are still struggling with money problems, even if the economic crisis situation is kinda over.
So, as a result, many will give up traveling because they can't afford it, but that doesn't necessarily have to happen...

What are some tips & tricks you could recommend to actually save money on a vacation or make it less expensive, if possible?

I would say, when booking a flight, always book it 2-3 months in advance, never at the last minute. A good tip would be to plan your flight on workdays, when the flights cost less than on weekends (some companies increase prices on weekends).
Also, if you're traveling with a few others, consider driving to your destination, split the cost of gas and you'll save a lot of money.

When arriving at your destination, look for special offers. Many museums and other tourist 'hot spots' have "free days" or at least "kids enter for free" days, some food joints have that too, so it's a great way to not spend a lot of money, yet have a good time.

What else?
Are there any other tricks you guys know of that can help save money while on vacation?
NewHeiren Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2014 3:18:55 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Booking flights and advance and looking for special offers are great ways to save money. Being polite and friendly to hotel and restaurant staff might get you reduced costs or free meals as well. This tip has worked more for me abroad, but it has worked here in the States too!
costin Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2014 3:37:37 PM(UTC)
costin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers
Man

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Try to book even 3 months before, you will find really bargains. For example, I saved up to 40% for a trip in Italy, when I was inspired to book 4 months before Valentine`s Day. It`s true you can find cheap trips on last minute level, but sometimes what you pay for isn`t what you find in reality
I noticed that in major cities, you will find some tourist discounts. If you go to the public agency related to tourism and you notice about your presence, you will receive in few European cities a ticket granting you one free ride with the bus or one free botthe of water in a hypermarket. It`s not that much, but it`s a lovely gesture to welcome youSmile
sweetnisha1 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 2:40:26 AM(UTC)
sweetnisha1

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

try and eat where the locals are eating..its always cheaper and better than the tourist traps.